ProSource, the largest audio, video and integration buying group in the United States, announced that its new Lighting Technology and Learning Center – located in the Dallas Market Center – will be inaugurated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony on March 23, 2021, at the start of the popular Lightovation trade show, scheduled for March 23-26. Dave Workman, President and CEO of ProSource, will preside at the opening festivities at 10:00 a.m. CST. The space will provide an opportunity for retail and design-build customers to learn about lighting applications and advancements in an immersive setting. Eventually, the Learning Center will be available for hands-on, live Level 2 curriculum of the exclusive ProSource Lighting Technology Certification program, which was launched earlier this year through ProSource University.
An illustrious roster of vendor partners will be on display which will create an incredible hands-on experience center for design-build professionals who wish to learn more about the latest in lighting technology. Here are a few of the luminaries who will be partnering with ProSource:
The new Learning Center will demonstrate the seamless way in which Vantage integrates with lighting fixtures and third-party platforms. Visitors will see how the Vantage controller can precisely determine the center’s longitude and latitude, which allows it to automatically calculate sunrise and sunset times on any given day for that location. It can then set the lighting schedule accordingly to replicate the ideal conditions of daylight based on color tone and intensity throughout the day, without any intervention required.
Using the Equinox 41 and EasyTouch Glass interfaces, visitors can easily change between five pre-programmed natural light scenes: Daylight Sync, Sunrise, Midday, Night Light, and Solar Cycle. The Learning Center provides an opportunity for dealers to learn more about Vantage and the latest lighting technology in an environment that highlights integration for a cohesive HCL system. Designed by David Warfel and Mark Langston, both of Light Can Help You, the customized Lighting Technology and Learning Center will feature multiple residential rooms showcasing smart home systems and devices for the benefit of ProSource members.
Savant | USAI Lighting
- Savant Professional Light Strips — LED DMX light strips give any installation that subtle extra touch in just the right places
- Savant Smart LED Bulbs — Enhance any home with automated lights that deliver rich color to any room
- Savant Breaker Companion Modules — Eliminate the need for low-voltage wiring within the panel for the neatest and most efficient installation
- Savant Smart Home Ecosystem — Integrates the lighting and entertainment systems together, giving home owners one button access to favorite settings and easy to use features including Savant’s patented TrueImage lighting experience. TrueImage replaces the hard-to-sort lighting load list and adds relay-time visibility to each room including real-time color temperature and light intensity
- USAI Lighting’s Color Select® Tunable White Fixtures — Are compatible with Savant’s Daylight Mode personalized wellness experience
- USAI Lighting’s Infinite Color+® — Gives users complete freedom to define their own perfect light, from architectural whites to accents and saturated colors, all with one light fixture
- Savant’s Echo, Metropolitan, Noon and Ascend interface styles — Combine effortless lighting control with personalized smart home functionality
- Savant Shades — Available in wireless and wired versions, ideal for new construction or retrofit projects
Savant also brings to the Learning Center, the company’s partner Robern’s elegant cabinetry and mirrors featuring tunable white LED lighting, Savant’s Power over Ethernet (PoE) self-powered Micro Aperture architectural speakers, and Artison RCC160 MKII subwoofers will also be on display.
The DMF Lighting display will include the award-winning DID Series lighting modules, OneFrame and SquareFrame recessed lighting systems, the DCC LED Cylinder, and DRD5 LED downlights.
Engineered exclusively for the custom integration channel, the all-new, award-winning DID Series takes modularity to the next level by providing field-changeable optics and accessories for both downlights and adjustable accent lights. The series includes proprietary integrated power systems for simplified installation, soft on/off, and smooth dimming down to 1% with local or centralized control systems. DMF Lighting has engineered every element of the light modules to be interchangeable in the field, during and after installation. The signature modular design allows the modules to adapt to changing homeowner preferences, future room designs, and even retrofits.
With only two modules and thousands of applications, the DID Series is the evolution of an already remarkable system. The light modules combine accurate color rendering with low power consumption for high energy efficiency, while complementing and enhancing how a room looks and feels. The DID Series addresses all layers of light required by an architectural downlighting solution, including ambient, task, and accent lighting.
Colorbeam’s complete portfolio of RGBW recessed fixtures, tape and accent lighting, and outdoor landscape lighting products are perfect for creating a desired lighting effect in any environment. The company provides flawless, flicker-free dimming curves; control simplicity; and unparalleled compatibility with lighting control from third-party manufacturers. Pioneers in true tunability ranging from 1800K to 6500K, the Colorbeam Lighting technology delivers unlimited scenes and mood settings based on application or time of day. Colorbeam’s product lineup includes the patented GATEway lighting processor that drives industry-leading human-centric and wellness lighting applications. It is suitable for the AV integration market as well as the specifier market.
Colorbeam’s lighting selection includes:
- Tunable Bi-White LED Tape – Perfect for human-centric lighting
- RGB LED Tape – Create dynamic lighting scenes throughout any space
- Skylight Panels – Recreating sunlight in closed spaces like malls and underground offices
- Exterior Linear Wallwasher – Accentuating outdoor and indoor spaces
- Venus Recessed Trimless Tunable Luminaires – Used in commercial and residential spaces
- Inground Lights – Perfect for driveway and patio illumination
- Step Light – Applications include stairs, corridors, cabinets, and closets
Proluxe by American Lighting
American Lighting’s Proluxe line is geared towards the custom integration market, with product exclusives only available to custom install channel dealers. The line includes a wide range of flexible LED strips, matching innovative profiles, and interior and exterior lighting for high-end residential spaces, retail environments, hotels, and restaurants. Proluxe products can be fully integrated into any control system through the DMX protocol. The technical support and quotes team, and layout service and control system experts can walk any installation team through the design, specification, integration, and build-out process.
The assortment of Proluxe products includes:
- Warm to Dim Tape Light – Great for retrofit applications and remodels
- Wide-Range Tunable Tape Light – Perfect for human-centric lighting packages
- RGB + Tunable White Tape light – Create dynamic lighting scenes throughout any space
- Microlux – Low-voltage under-cabinet lighting that links together like Legos
- Tunable Canvas Sheets – Perfect for backlighting countertops