After 40 years of trailblazing in the consumer electronics industry, I wanted to talk to the Head Monster about his announcements at CES 2019 and The Lamborghini Aventador Monster Performance Car that CES attendees experienced!
Maureen Jenson: Tell our readers everything about that car…
Noel Lee: It wouldn’t be CES without a Monster Performance Car on the show floor featuring Pure Monster Sound. Some purists say that the ideal audio system in a Lamborghini is the sound of its power V12 engine, but as an audiophile, this year I personally tuned a revamped audio system in my Lamborghini Aventador. The Pure Monster Sound system features 11 strategically placed dynamic loud speakers that solves the issues in car audio like location, reflection, and distance. The system is designed to sound great for fast driving or open window. We were located in the Central Hall of LVCC with demos everyday from noon until 2 pm and it was packed.
MJ: Can you tell us more about the Lamborghini Aventador system layout?
NL: Sure…Here are some specs on this Monsterous Audio System:
- Eleven strategically placed dynamic loud speakers
- 2,000 watts of power
- An eleven channel fully active Digital Sound Processor
- Rear surround speakers custom built into the driver and passenger seat
- Custom fabricated dash center channel location
- Custom fabricated stealth sub-woofer location
- Front stage: 8″ carbon fiber driver in the door and 1″ silk dome tweeter in the dash
- Center channel: 3″ inverted dome mid-range speaker and 1″ silk dome
- Rear Surrounds: 2″ full range Titanium dome speakers
- Sub-woofer: 10″ low profile poly cone speakers
- Amplifiers: 11 channel digital amplifier with 2000 watts of power
MJ: Tell us more about some of your CES 2019 announcements?
NL: Monster was the first company to speed-rate cables. There were a lot of naysayers, who didn’t believe that it was necessary, that have now been proven wrong. Our new M4000 (HDMI LightSpeed – 56Gbps) features an optical fiber cable, boasting a 4K resolution at 120Hz fps, and 8K resolution at 60Hz fps. The M4000 is part of our new MSeries cables that we’re developing. Today more than ever with the new TVs on the market, the expectation from discriminating customers is to watch their programming in the highest resolution possible. Our MSeries cables will provide that security.
Our partnership with Tuya, the world’s leading AI+IoT (AIoT) platform, to co-create a new line of “Monster Smart Powered by Tuya” smart home products is gearing up for our first product launch with them…so stay tuned!