A Next Phase Network Survey
We’ve asked our friends at Technology Insider Group if they would help get the word out about a survey we’re conducting – it’s designed as an annual career outlook survey in an effort to get real data on the current status and career outlook of US-based working professionals.
Why is this survey important? While there continues to be optimism on the state of the U.S. economy and general employment outlook, this survey aims to get some real, non-partisan data. In the news we hear a mixed bag of data regarding the employment picture in the US:
- 63% labor participation rate in February
- Over 200,000 private sector jobs were added to the workforce in February
- Unemployment rates remain around the same at 4.7%
- 53 million people or 34% of the workforce categorize themselves as freelancers
- 80% of non- freelancers are considering additional freelance work to supplement their income, according to Freelancersunion.org
- CNBC reports there are multiple forces prohibiting older workers from finding work — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan recently opened a probe into allegations of age biased software tools on job search sites
Initial Next Phase Network insights show:
- 55% of respondents have had 2 or more jobs in the past 5 years (do not let recruiters and companies make you feel you are the only one who has had some instability over the last 5-10 years)
- 49% feel financially the same or worse over the last 10 years in terms of income
- 26% feel sure or somewhat sure their company will be laying off people in the next year
Stand up and be counted! Visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017CareerOutlookSurvey to take the survey. All responses are confidential and must be submitted no later than April 15, 2017.
We will follow up with an article highlighting the results of the survey and our analysis.