Small Aperture Lights Allow CI Channel Integrators to Go Smaller Without Compromises in Performance, Installation,and Serviceability
CARSON, Calif. — Sept. 13, 2022 — DMF Lighting, the leader in modular downlighting in the custom integration (CI) channel, today announced the launch of its new iX Series fixtures designed to elevate the entire home with modern, quiet ceilings and award-winning design. As part of its longstanding commitment to the CI channel, the DMF Small Aperture lights allow channel integrators to go smaller without compromises in performance, installation, and serviceability.
Homeowners and designers want a quiet ceiling, but current 2-inch fixtures are typically limited to specialty applications. DMF Lighting’s iX Series Small Aperture solution removes the traditional constraints of 2-inch fixtures, allowing integrators to distinguish themselves from contractors by offering higher quality, premium aesthetic. The quiet revolution is here.
The solution that DMF has developed is a revolutionary product that offers the performance of larger fixtures and error-free installation, utilizing a patented Precision Lock Collar that eliminates over-cutting and ensures a perfectly cut, sharp flange and installations at a uniform depth. The fixture also offerspainless serviceability as the custom-designed driver for this fixture is easily accessible below the ceiling.
The result is a quiet ceiling and a modular system that is as easy as plug, snap, and fit. Altogether, this provides the ultimate in flexibility, eliminates mistakes, and allows for effortless changes throughout the job.
“The iX Series offers all the advantages of a smaller footprint while maintaining strong light output and versatility,” said Mike Libman, National Sales Director, Residential Systems, DMF Lighting. “The same housing will accommodate Standard Downlights, Wall Wash, or Adjustable in Round or Square. The one-piece precision-crafted metal trims are offered in standard and flangeless mud in or flawless wood application. Trims are easy to install or swap out to create the effect the homeowner is looking for.Additionally, the iX can be installed in both new construction and remodel applications.”
- DMF is known for its modular approach to maximizing customization and the iX Series takes seamless ceiling light integration to a new level:
- Swap on the fly: lumens, color temperature, optics, adjustable/downlight/wall wash, and trims
- Custom designed driver offers 1% TRIAC dimming
- Lumen output from 750 to 1250 lm delivers similar performance to competitive 3-inch and 4-inch fixtures (ceilings up to 10 feet)
- Wall wash produces more light output at an angle, fewer hot spots; light output is high on the wall, no scallop so can be spaced further apart
- Adjustable offers a Center Beam Translating Optic for more light output at angles and less “flash”on the trim; toolless friction locking tilt provides infinite adjustment for fine-tuning tilt up to 35 degrees
Simple Universal New Construction Housing with Precise Lock Collars deliver accurate/error-free installation
Accommodates ceiling thickness of ½-inch – 1 ¼-inch
Knife Edge Trims
Trims Colors: White, Bronze, Black, Clear Diffuse, Warm Diffuse with white flange
The new iX Series continues to elevate the DMF Brand and solves existing installer issues associated with 2-inch products on the market and opens up new opportunities to delight homeowners and designers.