These are my Buttermilk Raisin/Apple/Poppyseed/Walnut/Cocoa/Coconut Oat Muffins. Much, much easier to just call them Kitchen Sink Muffins! Here’s the thing – muffins are pretty simple and you can just go through your refrigerator and use up anything that’s starting to go south, like bananas or pears. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Buttermilk Pancake Mix
½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Oat Flour
1 tbsp Poppyseeds
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup Walnuts (small pieces)
1 cup Raisins
1/3 cup Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
½ cup Pureed Honeycrisp Apple (1 large, peeled and cored)
2 tbsp Unsalted butter
1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line muffin pans with paper baking cups.
- Combine and sift (twice) the first 7 ingredients.
- Fold in the next 3 ingredients.
- Combine next 4 ingredients in saucepan and bring to simmer until sugar is mostly dissolved. Add butter, milk and coconut and simmer additional 3 minutes.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients and fold together, gently.
- Fill baking cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set muffin pans on cooling rack for 5 minutes, then remove baking cups and let rest on cooling rack for additional 30 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 16 muffins