This is an easy 6 ingredient recipe that is simply perfect for the holidays!
8-10 strands of Premium Saffron
1/8 spoon cardamom seeds
1 ½ cups flour (substitute with coconut flour or gluten-free flour)
½ cup sugar (substitute with date palm sugar)
½ cup grass-fed ghee (or clarified butter)
20 pistachios, crushed or coarsely chopped (optional)
- Soak saffron stands in 2 tablespoons of warm water. This process helps extract the color and flavor of the saffron. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the grass-fed ghee ( or clarified butter) with the sugar.
- Add in the saffron mixture and cardamom then blend well.
- Add in the flour and mix to form a dough ( Add a few drops of milk to get the dough to come together if needed)
- Divide the dough and cut to desired size using a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Add the crushed pistachios on top of each cookie and press down gently to hold in place (Optional step)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Place the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving and store in air tight container for up to 5 days.
For more amazing recopies and health benefits visit our website at www.selectedsaffron.com